Novomix 30 Flexpen Injection is a combination of a fast-acting and intermediate-acting analogs of insulin used for the treatment of diabetes mellitus.
Insulin is a natural substance produced by the pancreas which helps in utilizing glucose for energy production.
Patients with diabetes mellitus may not be able to utilize glucose due to the insufficient production of insulin or due to the body’s inability to use insulin or both.
This medicine helps in the utilization of glucose and controlling blood glucose levels in such patients. Patients are advised to follow a strict exercise and diet regimen along with this medicine to get the best possible effect.
Major & minor side effects for Novomix 30 Flexpen Injection
- Decreased blood glucose levels
- Pain at injection site
- Tingling of hands, feet, lips or tongue
- Unusual weight gain or loss
Uses of Novomix 30 Flexpen Injection
What is it prescribed for?
- Type I Diabetes mellitusThis medicine is used in the treatment of Type 1 Diabetes mellitus, a lifelong condition in which the pancreas does not produce sufficient insulin to control the blood sugar levels.
- Type II Diabetes MellitusThis medicine is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes Mellitus, a lifelong condition in which the insulin produced by the body cannot be used properly by the cells to convert glucose into energy.